Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm wearing a suit jacket today.

So today I am wearing a suit jacket to work. I have never done that before. Everyone keeps asking me if this is my "church outfit" or "how did the interview go?". I vowed when I was in college to never wear a suit. Now I am. I decided that I needed achieve another first today; so I decided to finally post for the first time on my blog. This is also something I have never done before.

I do have 3 to 4 drafts saved up for future editing. One has been stewing for over a year I think. I start writing and then the pressure to be witty and set the theme becomes overwhelming and I can't get it all into a succinct and coherent entry. Simply put: I run and I work on tunnels. I like to write and I love to talk. I have lots of dreams (one is to stop working on tunnels) and wishes (one is to win the lottery so I can stop working on tunnels).

And here is when I start to feel like I need to write something profound or amusing or - I don't know! But today is different. I'm just going to post. I have never done that before.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on writing your first blog post and good luck with winning the lottery!

Anonymous said...

What is a suit? I haven't worn one at least 10 years. I too would be getting lots of comments!!! Congratulations on your 2nd post and I hope to read lots and lots of blogging!!! Happy Blogging and you are doing great with your training for the Marine Corps marathon!!! You go girl.
Love, Janine

Unknown said...

The Running Tunnel... Nice. It all makes so much more sense now.

Unknown said...

And the lotto. HOLY CRAP Its like a cajillion dollars right now. Better get a ticket!